Habitat Japan has established the following criteria for volunteer activities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be sure to read them carefully before applying to volunteer. In addition, Habitat Japan is implementing a safeguarding effort to ensure the safety of all participants in our activities. "Introduction to Safeguarding" will be sent separately to all volunteers. You can also read "Introduction to Safeguarding" at the following link.
- Habitat Japan "Introduction to Safeguarding (click here)"
Habitat Japan Domestic Volunteer Guidelines
- Habitat Japan proposes to adhere to government recommendations and to stop operations when and if stricter COVID restrictions such as “state of emergency” are advised by the government. The volunteers who agree to join Habitat Japan domestic volunteer activities understand and agree to the following guidelines and the volunteer waiver and will sign the volunteer waiver.
【Protocols to Join Volunteer Activities】
- Volunteers have not been in close in-person contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the past 7 days
- Volunteers or anyone volunteers live with have not arrived in Japan from overseas in the past 7 days
- Volunteers have none of the following symptoms: fever (37.5℃ or above on volunteer day) dry cough, fever, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms
- Volunteers must communicate with their family members and housemates to live with to ask for their understanding for him/her to join Habitat Japan volunteer activities.
- Volunteers are advised to follow the corporate/school guidelines of each volunteer belongs to if those guidelines restrict for them to join any social activities including Habitat Japan volunteer
- Volunteers must read and agree with Habitat Japan's safeguarding and code of conduct and sign the domestic volunteer waiver and written oath to join Habitat Japan volunteer activities and submit the health declaration form on site.
- Volunteers must be 18 years old or above.
- All volunteers must abide by the guidelines set forth by the school, organization, or company to which they belong, and refrain from participating in Habitat activities if they do not meet those guidelines.
- If a volunteer has a roommate, please inform the roommate in advance of the volunteer's participation in Habitat activities and obtain the roommate's understanding before participating in the activities.
- Anyone who is at increased risk of severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19 refrains from joining volunteer activities.
【At work site】
- In order to keep the social distancing, the minimum no. of staff and volunteers working at the worksite
- Volunteers must wear a mask at the worksite
- Volunteers sanitize their hands if possible, with hand soap and/or alcohol sanitizers before entering the worksite
- Volunteers wear gloves(cloth, latex, plastic, etc) during the volunteer activities
- Volunteers try to keep at least a 1-meter physical distance constantly including during any activities
- Practice good respiratory hygiene on the work site at all times by asking partners to open windows and doors
- Volunteers try to leave the work site no longer than 3 hours. If they need to stay more than 3 hours to complete the activity, Habitat Japan needs to ask all the volunteers and home partners for consent to extend the volunteer hours prior to the activities.