Ofunato city, Iwate prefecture
Dec 13th(Fri) -16(Mon)
※2 days participation is welcome.
Support on building and repairing a house, painting, building shelf at a temporary housing, volunteer activities related with community rehabilitation, etc.
※Study tour might be included.
◆Meeting and dismissal：
Meeting and dismissal times may be varied by travel arrangements and times, so please ensure that you include details of your travel plans when applying.
[Meeting] 1. By Kesen Liner
Depart Ikebukuro station 23:00, Arrive Sunlia 07:07, meeting then, there.
The Kesen Liner bus route (in Japanese) is a direct service between Ikebukuro,Tokyo and the Sunlia shopping centre, Ofunato.
2. Via Morioka
Depart Morioka station 07:10 by bus, Arrive Sunlia 10:07 for shinkansen.
3. Via Sendai
Depart Sendai station 07:20 by bus, Arrive Sunlia 11:09 for shinkansen.
[Returning] 1.By Kesen Liner
Depart Sunlia 21:20, Arrive Ikebukuro station 05:39
2. Via Morioka
Depart Sunlia 16:23 by bus, Arrive Morioka station 19:20 for shinkansen.
3. Via Sendai
Depart Sunlia 15:25 by bus, Arrive Sendai station 19:18 for shinkansen.
※ The routes and times of bus services may change. Please ensure that you check travel details yourself in advance.
※Please write down your traveling details when you apply.
※If you need to leave work site earier due to travelling schedule, please call us first before you apply.
◆ Participation Fee:
1,500 yen /per day per person ( If 3 days participation, total is 4,500 yen per person)
※ Habitat Japan will arrange volunteer health insurance, onsite transport and accommodation.
※ All additional costs (transport to and from the meeting place, meals, bath tickets etc) must be covered by the volunteer themselves.
◆ Accommodation: Public facilities.
◆ Volunteers needed: 7
※ Volunteers will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
※ Recruitment will be closed if and when the target is met.
◇Things to Bring◇
- Long sleeved top, long sleeved trousers
- Winter clothes(It's very cold outside)
- Waterproof clothing (top and bottom)
- Sneakers or work boots suitable for construction work (sandals and other open toed shoes are not suitable)
- Grip gloves
- Spare clothes
- Sleeping bag
- Wet tissues and/or alcohol spray (it may not be possible to wash your hands at lunchtime)
- Towel (for bathing and/or mopping your brow during work)
- Water bottle (carry drinking water to the work site)
- Shampoo, soap etc
- Health insurance card (these will not be checked, but please carry it anyway)
- Orientation handbook
- Any other essential personal items
◇Health and Welfare◇
Habitat Japan is not qualified to offer medical advice, or to provide advice on medication or vaccinations. With this in mind, please ensure that you consult your doctor well in advance regarding any concerns you may have regarding participation in this program. Please view the web site below for detailed information on how to manage your own health and well being while undertaking work in the affected areas. ・Protecting your health in the affected areas (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare) (in Japanese)
◆Cancellations due to your own reason
Cancellation of your participation within the seven days before the program start date results in all of your payments.Please pay by bank transfer according to the invoice to be sent by Habitat Japan. Please be noted that any funds paid may not be returned.
1. Submit the [Volunteer Application Form] via email to email@example.com.
※ We will respond to all enquiries as soon as they are received. If you do not receive a response within three working days of submission please resend your application.
2. Submit the original copy of your release and waiver of liability for adults and/or minors, along with a copy of your ID (passport, drivers licence or health insurance card; students should also include a copy of their student ID) on A4 paper. Please send these to the office by post.
If you have any further questions about participation in our disaster relief activities, please feel free to contact the Habitat Japan office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you prefer, by telephone (03-6459-2070).
Apply to Volunteer in Tohoku (Iwate, Dec)