What's New < Home
Nepal Earthquake reporting session（5/15）
The earthquake that struck Nepal on 25 April has affected many families. According to the government of Nepal, death toll has reached 7,600 as of 6 May. Over 284,000 houses have been completely destroyed.
In lieu of the Nepal Earthquake, Habitat for Humanity Japan is holding a reporting session for all interested parties. The session will cover the first-hand report on the situation in Nepal as well as Habitat's assistance activities in response to the disaster . The event will take place on 15 May 2015 both in English and Japanese.
HFH Japan staff member, who was in Kathmandu at the time of the earthquake, is scheduled to return to Japan next week and share her experience as well as present HFH Japan's plans for assistance. She had been working on a disaster-risk-reduction project in the field when the earthquake struck. Subsequently, she has been engaged in disaster response, working closely with other Habitat staff on the ground.
Please be invited to the event to learn about what is happening in Nepal, and what we can do about it.
- Date: May 15, 2015 (Fri) English session: 17.30 - 19.00 (Japanese session is from 19.30 - 21.00)
- Place: Sophia University campus (7-1 Kioicho, Chiyoda, Tokyo) Bldg. NO.2, Room 508
- Entrance: Free
- Sign-up: Please sign up here
* This event will be in English only. Japanese session starts at 19.30 on the same day. For more information on the Japanese session, see here.
* This event is open to everyone.
* For questions/inquiries, contact Communications department at 03.5579.2556
* Please be advised that we may use web broadcasting or other methods to report if the staff member cannot return to Japan for any unforeseeable reason.