Habitat for Humanity is a global nonprofit housing organization working in more than 70 countries around the world. Habitat for Humanity works toward its vision, “a world where everyone has a decent place to live,” by building strength, stability and self-reliance in partnership with people and families in need of a decent and affordable home.
Habitat for Humanity Japan was founded in 2003 and obtained Nintei NPO status in 2019. Habitat Japan empowers communities by raising funds and sending volunteers to build and repair homes. Since its establishment, Habitat Japan has mobilized more than 21,000 volunteers in 24 countries in support of local and overseas projects. In Tokyo, Habitat Japan responds to housing issues that impact the homeless, elderly, and disabled, and single-parent families. Through home-finding, home-cleaning, and orphanage and shelter repair, Habitat Japan continues its mission to serve the most vulnerable and ensure that they have a decent place to live.
Habitat Japan focuses on helping repair shelters and orphanages in Tokyo and Kanagawa to help vulnerable children, and single-mother families provide decent living conditions. Some private orphanages and shelters cannot afford to allocate their budget to renovate facilities. Habitat Japan initiates facility upgrading on behalf of orphanages and shelters in need and empowers volunteers from corporate and student volunteers to repair the facilities and build a sense of community and connection for those in need.
Habitat Japan’s programs also manage an extensive and committed volunteer network in the Asia Pacific region through our Global Village program. We are about to resume the Global Village program in 2023 to mobilize volunteers in Southeast Asia especially in Cambodia and Vietnam to build homes in resource-constrained communities.
Habitat Japan is seeking a committed professional as Officer of Resource Development to lead corporate fundraising and work on program development. The Resource Development role involves understanding domestic programs and matching them with the most appropriate donors. Fundraising with corporate partners focuses on employee engagement opportunities and this role works closely with our donors to develop volunteer engagement programs. This role provides career development and advancement opportunity for the right person and an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding committed NGO in the Greater Tokyo Area with a great collaborative team.
- Self-motivated sales and marketing professional with excellent communications skills
- Five years plus experience working in sales or marketing for a multinational organization or in an NGO with exposure to multi-lateral and bi-lateral organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with excellent academic credentials
- High level of integrity with professional conduct reflecting Habitat’s values
- Collaborative, optimistic personality with winning relationship skills to build internal and external partnerships
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Oral and written English communication skills (TOEIC 850 or more)
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- For non-native speakers of Japanese, Japanese Language Proficiency Test N2 or higher
Conditions of employment:
- Five-day work week with full social insurance
- Opportunities for career advancement and regional training with Habitat Asia Pacific
- Work location: Habitat for Humanity Japan office (Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo）
How to apply:
Please send CV and cover letter to (E-mail:email@example.com) in English or Japanese. After screening the documents, we will contact you with the interview date and other details.